VBScript bits that might be useful.
(Of the hundreds of scripts I've had to create, these are some that seemed useful to others...)
- GetIP.vbs Obviously,... It gets the IP addresses of the machine. (v4 and v6)
- Some time ago, I had a requirement to find just the IPv4 address and then determine if the number was odd or even. So here is what I came up with.
Odd-Even.vbs Determine if IP address is Odd or Even
- SerialNum.vbs Attempts to retrieve machine serial number from BIOS.
- KeyExtract.vbs Retrieves Windows serial key from registry, and provides the option to save it to a file.
- ScreenResolution.vbs Display Screen Resolution being used in Windows.
- UserAcctInfo.vbs Provides info for local user accounts.
- CheckAdminRights.vbs Checks if current user has admin rights.
This is essentially a subroutine that can be used in other scripts to see if it should be run from an "Admin" command session.
- WindChill.vbs Calculates wind chill value.
- MoveUser.vbs The MoveUser tool for moving a local user profile to a domain user.
If you need a small utility script created, let me know and I'll see if I can help you.